Charles Sturt University
Riverina Local Land Services
Local Land Services helps farmers grow farming knowledge through advice, information, training and networking opportunities. Better informed decisions help farmers balance production, profit and sustainability.
Our staff are technical experts who can help you with agricultural production, biosecurity, natural resource management and during emergencies.
Our programs support you with information, networks and resources to help you:
- improve your agricultural productivity
- control declared pests and meet your legal obligations
- maintain market confidence in our ‘clean and green’ agricultural products
- manage and improve our natural resources.
The Riverina Local Land Services region stretches from Harden in the east, to Hay in the west, Hillston in the north and Lockhart in the south.
Visit www.lls.nsw.gov.au/riverina or search Riverina LLS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date or get in touch!
The CRC for High Performance Soils (Soil CRC) is bringing together scientists, industry and farmers to find practical solutions for Australia’s underperforming soils. The Soil CRC aims to enable farmers to increase their productivity and profitability by providing them with knowledge and tools to improve the performance of their soils.
It is the biggest collaborative soil research effort in Australia’s history, with 39 Participants contributing to the Soil CRC through both cash and in-kind contributions. The Soil CRC coordinates research across a range of disciplines including social science, economics, biology, chemistry, agronomy and soil science. It has funding until 2027.
Through its soil research and innovation program, the Soil CRC will develop new solutions that will unlock the potential of Australia’s agricultural sector. It will address the billions of dollars in lost opportunity experienced by farmers and regional communities due to infertile and underperforming soils.
The Soil CRC will deliver
- New mechanisms for financially rewarding management of high performance soils.
- New integrated soil management solutions that provide greater precision for farmers.
- New ways to measure the performance of soils.
- New advanced and innovative products to increase soil fertility and function.